Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Best Chili Recipe

Is this really the best chili recipe? That depends on what one considers to be the best. For me it's the best because the ingredients are organic and the meat is grass fed. However, it gets better I was able to buy the bison at $3.00 it was on sale at 50% off.  I don't remember how many lbs it was, but it was formed into 4 patties. I also purchased the organic chili beans at 50% off the original price. Okay, so if this does not up this recipe to the best I don't know what does.

💥Watch for Sales

One way to eat organic on a budget is watch for sales. When we go shopping this is what we do and usually buy more than one if we are getting a good price and it something we use on a regular basis. This is just one way we can eat organic on a budget for a better quality of life. 

Ingredients                                                           

Bison                                                     
Chili Beans                                                            Tomato Paste
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Chili Powder
Smoked Paprika
Crushed Red Pepper
Black Pepper
Sea Salt



Cook meat, lightly season, add chili beans and tomato paste. Lightly add more seasoning and taste. Continue seasoning until you have achieved the taste you want.

My tongue does not care for spicy, but I do like a tad of heat in my chili. I added the heat little by little, so I could control it. This is a thick and hearty chili, just the way I like it. The crackers are Milton's that we picked up at Costco, there are three different flavors. I chose the olive oil, sea salt with olives, sooooooo good!!


What makes a recipe the best for you?

9 comments:

  1. I love spicy chili! But this sounds really yummy. Grass fed meat makes ALL the difference in the flavor of a dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you raise your own bison? I love that you control the heat by adding it bit by bit. I actually made a chili seasoning from scratch using my produce from my garden. It is just perfect for how we like our chili. This recipe sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      No we do not raise bison or anything else for that matter, but would love to have some chickens.

      Delete
  3. Chili is a favorite this time of year and feeds a bunch. Will probably make a big pot this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's supposed to be cold here this weekend, so I think this will be perfect for dinner! Don't have the Bison, but we do raise our own beef - so that will help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE love spicy foods, we'll be trying this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love chili with a kick! Had it with deer meat but never buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I must admit I never tried buffalo but I will definitely try this with grass fed beef!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi AnnMarie,
    I never had it before until I made this dish.

    ReplyDelete