Thursday, January 3, 2019

Importance of Podcast

With a passion to share how I had changed my lifestyle to live more natural I started a blog called "It's Your Life, live it to the fullest" in 2012. As I learned more about living this lifestyle I wanted to talk with others who shared this lifestyle. Sure I could have had them do a guest post on my blog, but I desired a deeper connection with my audience.

My Why

I started my first podcast in 2015 via Wolf Spirit Radio. After dealing with a health issue my husband and I discovered how toxic our world is. This led us to do research to learn how we could have a better quality of life naturally. If you would like to hear our story please click here.

My desire was to bring hope and natural solutions to others who were dealing with a poor quality of life. Doing a podcast allowed me to find others who had a story to share about dealing with a poor quality of life naturally. I also sought businesses that offered natural solutions through their products or services.

I felt very accomplished doing the weekly, live podcast. The down side was it was a 2 hour show and at the time I was spending hours finding guests who wanted to do the podcast. So, a year later I stopped doing the podcast.

Podcasting for Business

I formulate natural skin care products using cruelty free, organic ingredients. There are two unique ingredients in my products, the first is that I use Kombucha and the second is that all of my oils and liquids are infused with the mineral Shungite. During the podcast I was able to give a shout out about Heavenly Bodies skin care products. Many in the audience knew about Shungite and what it could do for them. Due to this Heavenly Bodies was booming.

At the time we did not think much about it, just yeah we have business. We began to notice after I stopped doing the podcast that business was slowly decreasing. It was this that impacted our idea of starting the podcast again. 

Podcasting More Personal then Blogging

I love blogging, but realize that doing a podcast I can get more personal with my target audience. When I blog all they have our my words, an image of me and a bio. Doing the podcast gives them a better idea of who I am and just how passionate I am about natural living. 




Have you thought about doing a podcast? What would your podcast be about?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce! I have been thinking about doing podcasts about the content I publish on "change." But I have never really made an effort to start. Maybe 2019 will be my year haha. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ye, nice to see you here. I would love to help you with your podcast when you decide to move forward let me know.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about podcasting. We've been thinking about starting one as a way to involve individuals in our audience and community. What you say about engagement totally makes sense from a business perspective. The more engaged your audience, the better for business. It's all about creating meaningful connections!

    ReplyDelete